The Richland Parish School Board will continue to offer Open Enrollment options to students in grades K-8. Therefore open enrollment applications will not be accepted or processed after a student spring semester in 7th grade. (RPSB Policy JBCC) All Open Enrollment applications must be received from April 11, 2023, until May 12, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Richland Parish School Board Policy File: JBCC Student Assignment was revised to reflect the following:
A student who desires to attend a school outside of his/her zone of residency may apply for an Open Enrollment transfer to another grade-appropriate school in another zone, which transfer will be granted with the following conditions:
- Student transfers are accessible for grades K-8 only. Therefore, transfer applications will not be received or processed after a student’s spring semester in 7th grade;
- The student and/or his/her parent/legal guardian/custodian shall be responsible for transportation to and from the schools within the receiving zone;
- The student’s application is received on or before the deadline set by the Superintendent;
- Capacity is available within the grade-level at the receiving school;
- The receiving school zone will be the student’s home school zone for all purposes;
- The transferred student shall continue to be enrolled in the grade appropriate school in the receiving zone until and if a transfer back to the zone of residency is approved;
- No transfer from the receiving school back to the zone of residency shall be available except for a subsequent school year, which application must meet the deadline requirement;
- A student who is newly enrolled to a school will be eligible to access a transfer for the subsequent school year;
- A student granted a transfer remains subject to the rules and regulations of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association;
- The transfer must not violate but must be in compliance with any placement or other requirement of a student’s Individualized Education Plan or Section 504 Plan.
Click on the link below to complete the Open Enrollment Application online:
Open Enrollment Contact: Rebecca Freeland- 318-728-5964 extension 279 or firstname.lastname@example.org